PC-Cleaner is a diagnostic program designed to clean up the Windows Registry.
The Windows Registry is a central database of information used frequently by the personal computer’s operating system. Inside the registry are references, entries, system data, and configuration data that are frequently accessed by the computer for its operations. Without the registry, an operating system basically cannot function.
When a computer has operated for a long period of time, it has also accumulated a lot of invalid entries and corrupted data in its registry table. Of course, a messy desk can be hard to work on, because everything is so disorganized. In the same way, an operating system will slow down because of all these errors cluttering the database.
PC-Cleaner is one of those special utility registry cleaners that cleans the registry errors that are caused by common problems:
- sharing of DLL’s (dynamic linked libraries)
- flawed settings of Windows startup programs
- errors in file extensions
- COM/ActiveX errors
- invalidated application paths
- application events
- installation and removal of application programs
- errors in most recently used item lists
- errors in sharing of folders and files
The makers of PC-Cleaner also offer a free scan of your computer’s registry from their official website.